Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] error connecting to oprd on solaris : cannot connect to vmd

2007-08-22 09:17:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] error connecting to oprd on solaris : cannot connect to vmd
From: sonu <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:52:46 -0700
HI,
   Failed to configure tape drive connected to media server from msater server.
Was able to add media server in master server without any error and is showing
as connected in mediaserver tab

The error is
error connecting to oprd on solaris : cannot connect to vmd(70)

My setup is
Master server : win2 32bit
media server : solaris 9
Virtual tape library
tape drive : IBM LTO4

executed following command
bash-2.05# ./vmglob -get_gdbhost
w2k-84

Kindly provide me some solution for this error

Thanks
Sunanda