Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Performance

2007-08-21 10:43:10
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Performance
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Clooney, David" <david.clooney AT bankofamerica DOT com>, "Dwayne Adams" <dadams AT organic DOT com>, <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:20:59 -0400
Symantec Tech support confirmed that the SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS_NDMP only
applies to media servers writing 3way NDMP backups to tape.  The touch
file goes on the Media Server.

Where are these Veritas Tape Drivers everyone keeps talking about?  I
know when I used to install BackupExec the installer would "force" the
Veritas drivers on your hardware and "recommend" you use them (or suffer
the consequences!)  But I haven't seen anything similar for Netbackup on
Windows!?

I've got HP Ultrium 3 Drives and I'm using the HP Drivers direct off
their website per our Library manufacturer's instructions.

-Jonathan