Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Performance

2007-08-20 23:24:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Performance
From: "Len Boyle" <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
To: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>, <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 23:05:54 -0400
The answer may depend on what device is at the other end of NDMP.
I was told that with NetApp NDMP that changing the buffer did not change
performance due to the way that the WAFL filesystem handled things.
It would be interesting to revisit this and see if they had made any
changes to enable larger buffers sizes improve performance.

Some of the other NDMP devices with different filesystems may show an
improvement.

len