Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup v6.0MP4 update to MP5

2007-08-20 14:39:18
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup v6.0MP4 update to MP5
From: "Mike L. Varney" <mlv03 AT healthresearch DOT org>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:16:18 -0400

I believe he's misinterpreting the statement that you have to bring 5.x
machines up "to version 6.0 before upgrading" as also meaning that you
would need to being 6.0MP4 machines *down* "to version 6.0 before
upgrading", which is incorrect.

You just plaster later MPs on top of the earlier ones.

-- M

             Darren Dunham
             <ddunham AT taos DOT com

             Sent by:                  Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

             veritas-bu-bounce                                          cc
             s AT mailman.eng DOT aub

             urn.edu                                               Subject
                                       Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup v6.0MP4
                                       update to MP5
             08/20/2007 02:00
             PM

> and yeah unfortunately it does say I need to bring it to version 6.0
before
> upgrading.. I dont know why but thats what I did read...

Can you tell us where?  That's not necessary for MP upgrades (I've
certainly never uninstalled an MP just to go to a later one).

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or
sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise
protected by law from further disclosure.  It is intended only for the
addressee.  If you received this in error or from someone who was not
authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.