Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup v6.0MP4 update to MP5

2007-08-19 22:59:10
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup v6.0MP4 update to MP5
From: Krzys <krzys AT perfekt DOT net>
To: Dominik Pietrzykowski <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 22:42:29 -0400 (EDT)
:) thanks.. yeah I found what I was looking for...

==========================
II. UNINSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
==========================
Note:  This will ONLY uninstall the Maintenance Pack from your local machine.

1) Close the NetBackup user interfaces.
    - Make sure the NetBackup server has no active jobs running (for example,
      backups, restores, or duplications).

    - If a database agent is being used, such as Oracle, ensure that the
database
      services are stopped.

2) Change the directory to the patch save directory.
    Substitute the pack name for ${PACK} in the following command:

      cd /usr/openv/pack/${PACK}/save

3) Run the un-install script:

      ./Vrts_pack.uninstall

and yeah unfortunately it does say I need to bring it to version 6.0 before
upgrading.. I dont know why but thats what I did read...

Thanks for help..

Chris