Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Reporting Tool for NetBackup

2007-08-18 18:07:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Reporting Tool for NetBackup
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 17:56:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007, Dennis Peacock wrote:

> Justin Piszcz wrote:
>> Unreal..
>>
>> I don't know what to say, how many DOWN'd drives do you have out of 1,100
>> I would be curious to know.
>>
>> Justin.
>

> As of right now? About 14 drives are down due to hardware failure.

When you replace drives under NBU6.0 do you ever notice sometimes they are
not used and if you try to clean them you get error 82, drv unavailable?
I end up having to delete the media server definition and re-adding it
with the drive definitions to get it working with the new drives.

I do not see this in ACSLS environments, only directly connected robots
with a dedicated robotic controller host.