Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 - Anyone actually using it?

2007-08-17 09:33:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 - Anyone actually using it?
From: "Steven L. Sesar" <ssesar AT mitre DOT org>
To: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:05:42 -0400
Ed Wilts wrote:

MP1 probably won’t be out until the end of the year and if nobody upgrades to 6.5, we won’t see many fixes in MP1 – that’s the problem that made 6.0MP3 still a rotten release.   Once users upgraded to MP3, some of the critical bug reports rolling in got the executive’s attention and 6.0 didn’t stabilize until MP4.

You illustrate a good point. In my not-so-humble opinion, Symantec has relied way too much on R&D in the field by their customers. I get that where there's software, there may be bugs, but this product was released in a broken state. Their QA really dropped the ball with this release.

===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Lead Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - MS K101
   Bedford, MA 01730