Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 10GB network + perf questions etc

2007-08-13 20:04:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 10GB network + perf questions etc
From: Dominik Pietrzykowski <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:42:09 +1000

Hi Group,

Just curious to know if anyone is using 10GB network (fibre/copper, is
copper available yet at 10GB ???) on their media servers or clients and what
sort of data transfer rates are they getting ???

I'm waiting for my 10GB blade for the switch to come from the US, it's
taking ages !!!!

Also, are you using Solaris or windows on these ???

What's the best you've seen on 100MB and 1GB copper/fibre networks ???

What data rates are you seeing via HBAs 2/4GB ????

Are you using standard backup method or flashbackup ?

I've played around with flash and on a server with about 4.7TB of small
files, I have gone from 10MB/s -> 70MB/s. It's a V490

Thanks in advance,

Dominik