Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Vault Duplication Jobs

2007-08-10 15:24:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Vault Duplication Jobs
From: d w <comp_geek_gal AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Brian.Beaird AT cat DOT com, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:04:07 -0700 (PDT)
Brian,
  A bit more information would be a good thing.  Like what version of NetBackup, what O/S is the master/media servers, etc.

If you have 6.0 MP4 installed, I would recommend installing 6.0MP5

If the Master/media servers are Solaris 10 (regardless of netbackup version)- turn off tcp_fusion and update to the latest patch (see sunsolve for details - in a nutshell - there is a kmem issue at patch revisions up to and including 118833-36).

Where are the duplications going?  I.e. from a dsu to media?  From media to media and different media servers?

If the dups are being read from one media server and dup'd to another - maybe see if you can some how have the read/writes on the same server.

Are you de-multiplexing the backups?  That could also substantially slow them down.

Just a few thoughts.
D.

Building a website is a piece of cake.