Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault Duplication Jobs

2007-08-10 09:46:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault Duplication Jobs
From: <Brian.Beaird AT cat DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:17:52 -0500

I'm having some strange issues while performing vault duplication jobs.  Whenever I run a vault, it picks the images successfully and then spawns the duplication processes in the activity log.  After that, it just sits there with the vault process at 11% completion and just saying "duplicating images".  I've had it take as long as 12 hours to complete duplication for an image that was only 121 GB.  I can't find what's causing the delay.  Additionally, sometimes when it finishes, it ends up using more than one tape and then shows the extra tape as "not ejected" in the reports.  Anyone have ideas?

Brian Beaird