Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] pb restoring system_state of Windows 2000 SP4

2007-08-09 12:35:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] pb restoring system_state of Windows 2000 SP4
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: "POUSSARD, Gilles (APX SYNSTAR)" <gilles.poussard AT airbus DOT com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:55:36 -0400

This is my process and I ussually have very good results:

When selecting the files to restore, do overwrite files but uncheck the following:

From System_State:\Boot Files\ :
NTDETECT.COM

NTLDR

From System Drive (C:\):

boot.ini
config.sys
io.sys
msdos.sys
autoexec.bat

after restore is complete, from device manager remove the NIC and Display Adapters then reboot.

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Laboratories Inc.
304-554-5926

"POUSSARD, Gilles (APX SYNSTAR)" <gilles.poussard AT airbus DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

08/09/2007 10:43 AM

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] pb restoring system_state of Windows 2000 SP4

                 Hi,

                Help please...

                My environment is:

                Master server Solaris 10 NetBackup 5.1 MP5 or 6.0 MP4
                Client W2K SP4 client Netbackup 5.1MP5

                I try to do a system restore of a W2K SP4 NetBackup client by running the following process:

                - I reinstall on the same hardware system a fresh W2K SP4 server with the same partitionning and without integrating in a specific Windows domain.
                - I reinstall NetBackup client 5.1MP5
                - I run on the client the commande w2koption -restore -same_hardware 1
                - From the NetBackup Administrator java interface, I choose all the drives and the System_State, select Restore everything to its original location and choose Overwrite existing files
                - The restore run with success.

                After a few second, before or after I could ran again the w2koption -restore -same_hardware 1 command, the W2K goes in an eternal reboot cycle, and I don't know what is happening ???

                Can somebody help me ??

                Is it correct to restore System_State withe the "Overwrite existing files" option ??

                It seems that with W2003 client, I don't have this problem.

                Best regard,

                Gilles.

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain privileged information.
If you are not the addressee you must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it.
If you have received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of security reasons.
This access is controlled under Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments.  Thank you.