Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Hardware replacement on Solaris Master

2007-08-07 09:44:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Hardware replacement on Solaris Master
From: "Klebba, Don" <DonKlebba AT quickenloans DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 09:21:13 -0400

Were Running NBU 5.1 MP4. We’re looking at replacing the hardware that our Solaris master server is running on. I was wondering

What is the safest way to do this? Can I just copy the /veritas directory from the old server to the new server, change the name on the new

Server to the name of the old server and be good to go? I realize I’ll still need to recreate the robot and drives, but will the catalog be up to date?

Don Klebba
Quicken Loans
Storage Management Team
DonKlebba AT quickenloans DOT com