Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Schedule coordination question

2007-08-02 18:28:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Schedule coordination question
From: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
To: "Wayne T Smith" <wts AT maine DOT edu>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:15:55 -0400
I had very minor issues with CBS (calendar-based schedules) and midnight
issues.  I do know that if you tell it to go on Friday, and you have all
windows open, it will actually go Friday morning (just after midnight).
Is that what you mean?

I don't use CBS for daily backups for the reasons I think you're
alluding to.  You'll get two backups in one night and no backups until
after midnight the next day.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com
VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies