Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Question on Disk-as-Disk Targets NBU 5.1 MP5

2007-08-02 16:56:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Question on Disk-as-Disk Targets NBU 5.1 MP5
From: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
To: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>, "Paul Keating" <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca>, "Dyck, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Dyck AT cognos DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 16:38:36 -0400
Isn't that what I said?

"- Disk staging also has "low water mark" that will stop de-staging once it
hits that %."

Here's the verbiage from the 6.0 manual:

Once the High Water Mark is reached, space is created on the disk storage unit
until the Low Water Mark is met. To do this, NetBackup may copy images to other
storage units or expire images (oldest first) to free space. The Low Water Mark
setting cannot be greater than the High Water Mark setting.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com
VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies