Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] L1400 anf lto drives zoning question

2007-08-01 19:42:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] L1400 anf lto drives zoning question
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "'Paul Keating'" <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 18:26:54 -0500
My approach for NetBackup is to zone as follows:

Zone #1:
Master server disk HBA, master server disk frame

Zone #2:
Media server 1 HBA, media server 1 disk frame

Zone #3:
Master server tape HBA, media server 1 tape HBA,  media server 2 HBA, robot,
tape drive 1, tape drive 2, etc.

This zoning scheme has been rock solid for us.  When I zone a frame, I put all
of the ports of the frame on that fabric in the same zone.  This could be 4
ports so zone 1 could have 5 wwns in it.  All of the tape stuff is in the same
zone - in our case, it's not really the physical tape drives but the drives as
they're presented by the encryption appliances.

        …/Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org