Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: NOM

2007-07-31 02:49:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: NOM
From: harunjo <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:07:38 -0700
hi mat,
we are using 2 NOM for monitoring 10 Windows Master server & 1 Solaris for
monitoring 1 master server with 300 client & 16 TB backup data backup daily ,
all at separate location (different island- because my country indonesia is an
island country)..and no problem at all...

NOM must separate from master server..if you have a busy master server and low
end master server..because nom using sybase database and connect to master
server using nbsl and nbnos..

In my case..i am using windows OS to monitoring windows master server and using
solaris to monitoring unix enviromment.

We have some problem with nom at the begining of implementation..but the
problem is now solved..nom must be installed with the latest maintenance pack
(MP4) ---> this will resolved the partialy online status master server at the
NOM.

With our condition...there is a shortage of nom feature...but..thats no
problem..we make nom become one of source of our backup report.

you can customized the report at nom..and dont forget always backup the sybase
nom database..

you can read NetBackup_OM_GS_Guide.pdf for more info about nom

Just Share

Harun Jonatan