Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN Backups

2007-07-27 17:18:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN Backups
From: "Roger Wilber" <rogerwilber AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Shultz, Perry" <Perry.Shultz AT allstate DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:04:49 -0400
When I took over backups a while back after transfering in, they were
having the same issue and nothing we did worked.

Truthfully, I ended up going in the other direction, taking their
scripts "that should be working" and turning them into cron jobs which
worked flawlessly.

The scripts have since become a single script with a config file per
server but we never went back to letting NetBackup try to run things -
it just seemed to do it really badly.