Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Maximum number of policies

2007-07-24 17:04:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Maximum number of policies
From: "Kohli, Vidit" <vidit.kohli AT blackrock DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:52:10 -0400
In 5.0/5.1 MP5 there is a bug

The major issue we saw with one policy for one client specially Windows FS that

When a stream/drive backup fails for a Win client, it tend to pickup all the
multi streams drives irrespective  few were done successfully earlier
Which tends to backup duplicate  data and also consume extra SLA time

To work around for this issue, we fixed policy per /drive letter, having all
similar clients in it