Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 52 but scratch available

2007-07-19 07:06:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 52 but scratch available
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:52:22 +0100
Netbackup 5.0Mp7 on Solaris9 servers with Solaris clients and Windows
clients. Connected to L25 unit.

Can anyone explain why i am getting all my jobs fail with status 52 yet
i have scratch available?  I run ITC so 2 drives are used at the same
time. Now looking in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/media/errors i can see a
positioning error for a tape which is assigned to my daily pool and is
what the jobs are trying to use. what i dont get is why are jobs failing
and not just marking that tape as bad, freezing it and picking another?

Any ideas? I dont know the criteria for tapes to be frozen as on other
systems they seem to freeze quite easily :(

Dave