Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Max # of Drives on a Master Server?

2007-07-18 08:57:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Max # of Drives on a Master Server?
From: "Kevin Whittaker" <Kevin.Whittaker AT syniverse DOT com>
To: "Martin Ruslan" <mit.martin AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:34:21 -0400
In my environment the master server does all the vaulting.  Which means I need access to all robots/drives in my environment.  Every Media server is just a SAN Media server and also a production server.  I am nervous about what might happen with IO on the SAN Media servers, if I allow them to vault their own tapes.