Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Converting catalog form Solaris to Windows 2003

2007-07-16 12:45:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Converting catalog form Solaris to Windows 2003
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "'Curtis Preston'" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:29:20 -0500
> 1. If there is no unsupported way to do what we're talking about, then
> how have hundreds of customers done it?  Trust me; there is a way.  The
> only argument is what that way is and whether or not it's consumable by
> mere mortals.

There is no *supported* way to do it.  There are certainly many unsupported
methods to do it.

Every posted method that I've seen (and even done myself) has been
unsupported.  That doesn't mean they won't work - it means that if you break
it, Veritas will likely hand you both pieces and says "good luck".

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org