Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] HP LTO3 media on IBM 800GB LTO3 Tape drive?

2007-07-13 13:32:22
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HP LTO3 media on IBM 800GB LTO3 Tape drive?
From: "McCammont, Anderson \(IT\)" <Anderson.Mccammont AT morganstanley DOT com>
To: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>, "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>, "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 18:19:31 +0100
http://www.ultrium.com/default.php

compare who have passed compliance testing (Fuji, Imation, Maxell, Sony
and TDK) who manufacture their own media, with those in the licensee
section.

media fully compatible among compliant companies' media and drives.
Much as anyone hates being treated as a commodity, and th

media RW compatible to n-1 generation and RO compatible n-2 generations.
eg. LTO4 drives will read LTO{2-4} and write LTO{3,4}