Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Backup Reporter

2007-07-12 09:23:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Backup Reporter
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
To: "Kennedy, Cameron" <Cameron.Kennedy AT bovislendlease DOT com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:01:00 -0400

We have been using Aptare for at least 5 years.  We are currently running about 4,500 backups daily.  Our environment consists
of a Windows Master (Win2003) and a Solaris 9 Master.  The backups are split pretty evenly.  We have customized some of the
sql reports and use the output as the basis for daily SOX reports.  It works very well and is well worth the investment in our environment.
It is good for historical purposes because you can go back for at least two years.  Tech Support is excellent.

=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Distributed Services Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

"Kennedy, Cameron" <Cameron.Kennedy AT bovislendlease DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

07/12/2007 08:01 AM

<ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Backup Reporter

Not sure what version of NB you are using, but with NB5.1 we use VBR
only for month-end stats.
We don't find any real use other than that. If we had to pay for another
license we wouldn't.