Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade media server RHEL3/4->RHEL5 question.

2007-07-11 09:39:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade media server RHEL3/4->RHEL5 question.
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "'Justin Piszcz'" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:28:00 -0500
According to the latest compatibility chart, RHEL5 is supported as a client
but not as a server. On 64-bit hardware, it's supported with 32-bit
binaries.  On 32-bit hardware, you're going to be sunk soon since the next
release (major or minor) following 6.5 won't support 32-bit hardware (64-bit
binaries only).

I wouldn't say that you could install RHEL5 and "call it good".  You're
going to be technically unsupported so that's not "good".

I haven't seen the compatibility chart for 6.5 yet to know if RHEL5 is
supported as a server.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA