Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Question on restore options.

2007-07-10 11:42:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Question on restore options.
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Patrick" <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>, "Sixbury, Dan" <dsixbury AT hrblock DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:27:48 -0400

Could you expand on that a little?  I’ve not used true-image but the following from the bprestore man page doesn’t suggest to me that it does what the OP asked:

“-T        Specifies a true-image restore, where only files and

                directories that existed in the last true-image backup are

                restored. This option is useful only if true-image backups

                were performed. If this option is not specified, all files

                and directories meeting the specified criteria are restored,

                even if they were deleted.  When the -T option is specified,

                the image requested must be uniquely identified. Unique

                identification is accomplished by using the -e option  with

                seconds granularity. The -s option, if any, is ignored. The

                seconds granularity of an image can be retrieved by using

                the bplist command with the -l and -Listseconds options.”

He asked for something that would automatically delete files that are already on the target.   The discussion of deletion above is merely to say it restores even if the files were previously deleted from the target which isn’t the same thing.   Am I missing something or does the man page not tell the full story?