Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: 3rd Party Support

2007-07-06 18:16:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: 3rd Party Support
From: delmar <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:42:40 -0700
3rd Party User Here. We went with Versitec, www.versitec.com . Every tech is a
level 3 technician and the escalation process has been flawless. We have yet to
be passed up to Symantec and to my knowledge we have always reached a live
person for every call.

I guess these guys have been supporting the Veritas product for years through a
sister company that sells storage hardware. We are looking at trying the VENS
(Versitec Enhanced Netbackup Support) product. It's apparently the NBU support
offering and it comes with a trial of ISOdx that eliminates the need to send
over logs. It's supposed to improve the time to resolution by 90% (I'll shoot
over an update later if this is in fact true).

Overall they are easy to deal with and for us the cost was exactly the same as
Symantec. The rep we deal with is great and extremely professional. Very
personal! Just let me know if you need the name and number for him direct.

Hope this helps!

steve_delmar AT yahoo DOT com
Fall River, MA