Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] multiplexing/multistreaming is not working

2007-07-03 17:24:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] multiplexing/multistreaming is not working
From: Raghava Karumanchi <Rag.Karumanchi AT Sun DOT COM>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 13:57:57 -0700
1. Multi streaming/Multiplexing worked for 3 months ..but stopped
working for last 3 days. I already changed Global/Universal attributes,
Storage Units/Disk drives, Policies with higher values for higher
parallelism, and stopped/restarted netbackup but there is no any change
. We are seeing only 18 streams in entire NBU environment. Previously we
saw more than 150 streams in the same environment. Did anyone notice
this issue before ?

2. On another Media server : It unable to connect to robotic software
and ltid is not coming up . When I was doing robotic inventory  seeing
error  "cannot connect to robotic software daemon (42)" issue on media
server.  OS and sgscan is showing up all devices normally .. made sure
vm.conf and bp.conf files for proper entries .. what could be the reason
for sudden failure  ?

Thanks in advance
Raghava