Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] A Better Way?

2007-07-03 09:38:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] A Better Way?
From: "Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 09:24:09 -0400
I'm working on our scripting that automates some NBU functions.  One thing
we currently do is keep a list of exported tapes (don't use vault and do our
own offsite storage).  One thing I'm looking at doing is appending the
Volume Pool to the tape barcode in the file.  That way, we can make sure all
the usual suspects are running.

>>From what I know and what I've found, the only way to do this is with
vmquery -m MEDIAID.  The output, however, is not what I'm looking for.  I
can work around it, but is there a terser output that anyone knows of?  Or
another way to get the pool for a particular tape?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks
Computer Systems Engineer