Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Can't backup CIFS share

2007-07-02 17:35:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Can't backup CIFS share
From: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
To: "David McWilliams" <davidkmcw AT gmail DOT com>, "NetBackup List" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 17:19:58 -0400

I believe it’s a permissions thing.  The CIFS share is available to a user, but not to the system account running NetBackup.  IFRC, you have to run the NBU service under a user id that’s allowed to access the share in question.

---

W. Curtis Preston

Author of O'Reilly's Backup & Recovery and Using SANs and NAS

VP Data Protection

GlassHouse Technologies