Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: getservbyname failed during offline catalog backup

2007-06-29 16:26:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: getservbyname failed during offline catalog backup
From: Ray S <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:00:29 -0700
So far from what I've checked:

The NFS mount is still active.

Root permissions to the NFS mounted directory had been changed.  They were
re-adjusted but the error still persists.

-- As a result of the root access change all the DB image files were owned by
"nobody4".  This appears to be due to the fact that the NAS host couldn't
verify the master server's authentication and assigned ownership of the files
to what is essentially a guest account.  We changed the ownership back to root
and re-established root access on the NAS host.

DNS issues we are still trying to track down.  We're moving to a unified DNS
solution (don't get me started), and there's been a few headaches along the
way.  Will update once I know more.

Thanks for the response and I'll keep adding any updates.

-Ray S