Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NOT ME!

2007-06-27 12:10:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NOT ME!
From: "Ian Clements" <Ian.Clements AT arm DOT com>
To: "Patrick" <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:46:50 -0700
I have thought pretty seriously about using subversion
(http://subversion.tigris.org/) to manage the configuration files.
Right now, I use RCS. Another possibility is cfengine
(http://www.cfengine.org/). With the later, configurations are tightly
controlled. When unauthorized change happens, it is undone--however, if you are
trying to debug something, it can bite you
in the butt.

Since most of my backups are qtree based, I've scripted the policy part and run
that to be sure I have a
policy for each qtree I want to back up. Our non-UNIX admin can run the scripts
as required to create new
policies. This works pretty well (not perfect).

Ian