Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem with volumepool !!

2007-06-22 17:53:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem with volumepool !!
From: "NITIN BHOSALE /SSTG/INFOTECH/MLX" <nitin.bhosale AT 3i-infotech DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 03:04:27 +0530

Dear NBU users,
        I have faced this problem twice but still not able to get its root cause.
Problem
------------

  • Medias automatically getting assigned to different Volumepool (WEEKLY_CDL)even though they are new tapes with SCRATCHPOOL as vol pool.
  • I cant change the vol pool nor I can delete the media manually.
  • Then I tried the following sequence of steps
  •       # bpexpdate -ev <mediaID> -d 0
  •       Eject the media.
  •         Delete the media from media catalog.
  •         Inventory the robot.
  • Then I was able to change the Vol pool to SCRATCHPOOL .
  • But during this time one vault was in progress. An it vaulted backups which had the same volume pool( WEEEKLY_CDL). Is this the cause of problem ?But we usually fire the same vault but donot face the problem

Regards
Nitin Bhosale
Shared Services Technology Group
Netbackup Team,
MahalaXmi.
Nitin.Bhosale AT 3i-infotech DOT com
Picture (Metafile)

"This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. The recipient acknowledges that ICICI Bank or its subsidiaries and associated companies, (collectively "ICICI Group"), are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over the contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions and further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of ICICI Group.Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects."