Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 3rd Party Support

2007-06-22 11:58:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 3rd Party Support
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:44:29 -0400
We use third party NBU support via Datalink and they escalate to
Symantec when necessary.   The few times I've called them I was happy
with them.   My coworker was a little dissatisfied with their response
time during last week's NBU 6 upgrade but it sounded like a
miscommunication to me.  He'd told them some weeks back we were going to
do the upgrade last week but I don't think they clicked to that so it
caused a delay of a few hours once he started the upgrade.  Despite all
of that we did get the support we needed from them and accomplished the
upgrade.

We use a third party for UNIX hardware support including the tape
library and fibre bridge but I'm not quite as rosy on that company.
I think Datalink will do hardware and for a smaller Windows based NBU
setup it seemed they were fairly responsive to another coworker's call a
couple of weeks ago.