Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 71

2007-06-20 02:22:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 71
From: "Khurram Tariq" <khurramtm AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:04:23 +0500
Hi All,

I've created a policy for multiple servers (all Solaris) having some common mount points and some uncommon ones for e.g.,

- ServerA, ServerB, ServerC all have /oracle
- ServerA, ServerB have /erp
- ServerC has /app

I've defined a backup policy to backup the 3 mount points from the 3 clients (with NEW_STREAM for each of the mount points mentioned above). I'm getting error 71 for the servers which donot have the directories existing on them.

- Is this what's supposed to happen? I was under the impression that NBU6 will ignore the non-existent directories and continue with the backup or was I wrong?
- How do I get rid of this error without having to create multiple policies? Exclude list hasnt done anything for me here.

Would really appreciate the help here. Thanks.

Regards,
Khurram