Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Script Help - BPIMMEDIA Output

2007-06-19 17:34:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Script Help - BPIMMEDIA Output
From: "Major, Rusty" <RMajor AT vericenter DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:19:08 -0500
I'm trying to get a script using BPIMMEDIA to output the media id, client name, backup id, schedule type, and backup date.

Here's what I have so far:

DATE=`date +%m%d%y_%T`
NBUPATH=/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd
CUSTVLTPATH=/usr/openv/netbackup/vault/sessions/Vault
LASTSID=`cat $CUSTVLTPATH/session.last`
CUSTSIDPATH=/usr/openv/netbackup/vault/sessions/Vault/sid$LASTSID
OUTFILE=/var/tmp/vltsid$LASTSID_$DATE

for MEDIAID in `more +2 $CUSTSIDPATH/eject.list | awk '{print $1}'`;
        do
        printf "$MEDIAID\n" >> $OUTFILE
        $NBUPATH/bpimmedia -mediaid $MEDIAID -l | grep IMAGE | awk '{print $2,$4,$5}' >> $OUTFILE
        printf "\n" >> $OUTFILE
done

This script gives me output with the mediaid on the line above all the images, but instead, I want it repeated at the beginning of each line of images. I also need to get the backup date in a human readable format and cannot figure out how to separate the ctime from the backupid to run it against bpdbm -ctime to get the real time. I have tried to use read, but it would not work for me.

All help for a scripting newbie is appreciated!
Offlist replies are welcome.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP
Sr. Data Assurance Engineer
(281) 584-4693