Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] [ORACLE] Policy Naming ... Best Practices ?

2007-06-14 22:39:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] [ORACLE] Policy Naming ... Best Practices ?
From: Dominik Pietrzykowski <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>
To: "Wilkinson, Alex" <alex.wilkinson AT dsto.defence.gov DOT au>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:26:24 +1000
Alex,

I have found having a policy for a server and using DB templates has been
quite good. Using the following standard for the template name.

You then look at the jobs it spawns and can then work out what ran and what
didn't. The detailed status will list the DB name in a file path depending
on how the table spaces have been named.

If you don't have many databases then I would even recommend just having one
Oracle policy and having all the templates in there. I guess for debugging
it's good to have separate policies for each DB but I would consolidate when
you can.

Cheers,

Dom