Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Identify drives in use

2007-06-06 14:59:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Identify drives in use
From: "Weber, Philip" <Philip.Weber AT egg DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:40:01 +0100
If NetBackup can't move a tape back from the drive to its slot, it will
down the drive (at least in our environment - & as the OS is Solaris
will log a message to /var/adm/messages).

We used to have a small robot where the OPs manually changed tapes by
opening the robot up & moving tapes.  As part of the script that told
them what to do I used tldtest to check which slots the tapes in the
drives came from, and make sure those slots were kept free.

Egg is a trading name of the Egg group of companies which includes:
Egg plc (reg no 2448340), Egg Financial Intermediation Ltd (reg no
3828289), and Egg Banking plc (reg no 2999842). Egg Banking plc and
Egg Financial Intermediation Ltd are authorised and regulated by
the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and are entered in the FSA
register under numbers 205621 and 309551 respectively. These
members of the Egg group are registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Citigroup Centre, Canada Square, London E14 5LB.

This e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If
you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and have received
it in error, please return the message to the sender by replying to
it and then delete it from your mailbox. Internet e-mails are not
necessarily secure. The Egg group of companies do not accept
responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission
of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure
that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and
any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No
responsibility is accepted by the Egg group of companies in this
regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other
checks as it considers appropriate.

This communication does not create or modify any contract.