Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] disk storage crash

2007-06-06 14:59:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] disk storage crash
From: "Wolters, Keith" <Keith.Wolters AT Level3 DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:03:13 -0600
My environment is NBU 6 on Solaris. I have four media servers; two connected to libraries and two disk storage units. One of the disk storage unit servers had its HBA go down while the migration was running. The HBA came back up upon reboot but now the migration process is still shows as Active but is not making progress. I tried (via the GUI) to cancel the job but it won't die. Can I kill the process from the commandline? If so, which process do I look for? I know the storage unit is working because I manually started some backup policies which had hung.