Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Failover Storage Groups

2007-06-06 14:59:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Failover Storage Groups
From: "Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 13:29:24 -0400
Environment: NBU 6.0MP4 + engineering binaries
Windows 2K3 Master, Linux RHEL3 Media
SAN connected, DSSU drives
Quantum/ADIC i2K

I've recently been fighting with 129s on our weekend fulls, particularly
with some Linux hosts, due to scheduling.  This weekend, one host failed to
backup several mount points with a 129, DSSU Full.  Evidently, by the
Activity Monitor, no destaging initiated.

In the Storage Group for this schedule, I have a DSSU first, then a tape
drive configured as failover.  Why didn't the jobs drop to tape?  Or does
the term failover here not reflect dynamic, mid-job failover?  Each of the
jobs that failed has written data.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks