Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade Strategies

2007-05-29 17:31:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade Strategies
From: "Sturgis, Grant" <Grant.Sturgis AT arraybiopharma DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:49:16 -0600
Greetings List,

We are running 5.0MP7 on RHEL 2.1 and we want to move to 5.1MP6 on RHEL
4.0 and new hardware.

What should the order of upgrade be?  My first inclination would be to
upgrade NBU first to 5.1MP6 and then install new hardware with RHEL 4,
install NBU 5.1MP6 and migrate the catalog.  Does that make sense?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Grant

Pardon this:

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which
contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that
information is prohibited. Please notify the sender  of the delivery
error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone
(877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.