Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Trouble getting tape drives recognized on Linux Server running SLES9

2007-05-29 13:54:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Trouble getting tape drives recognized on Linux Server running SLES9
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, "ZIMMER, RANDY K [AG/1000]" <randy.k.zimmer AT monsanto DOT com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 13:41:09 -0400
Which kernel (2.4 or 2.6) does SLES9 have?

Some time ago we found a similar issue on our RHEL 3 (2.4 kernel)
servers using Qlogic cards.  We use a fibre bridge for the drives here
and recently found that with the 2.6 kernels there is an option that can
be passed into the driver modules for QLA that will make it see all
drives attached to the fibre bridges.  Before 2.6 there was no flag to
make it skip gaps so it would see some drives but not others.