Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning Tape Mount issues

2007-05-25 12:38:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning Tape Mount issues
From: bobbyrjw AT comcast DOT net
To: "Steve Bally" <Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 16:16:38 +0000
Are you positive that the cleaning tape is defined as the same type of media as the drive that you are trying to clean?

It has to be identical.  (hcart2 drive must use hc2_cln )

Bobby.

From: "Steve Bally" <Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com>

All,

I am having issues mounting a cleaning tape, I have a windows environment, I have plenty of cleanings that on the tape, I also put a new one in the library this morning, trying to clean the tape drive via the GUI and via TP clean results in the same event log error

Event Type:       Error

Event Source:    NetBackup Device Manager

Event Category: None

Event ID:           2703