Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] "Bible" for Storage Administrators

2007-05-23 11:02:20
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] "Bible" for Storage Administrators
From: "Anton Johansson" <Anton.Johansson AT riksarkivet.ra DOT se>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:39:39 +0200
Hello.

I'm fairly new in this business, and haven't thus yet dogeared my B&R book
(bought it yesterday actually :),
but "Blueprints for High Availability" by Evan Marcus & Hal Stern (Wiley, 2003)
to me looks like a good book as well,
as it puts Backups and Storage in a bigger perspective and is fairly broad on
vendors, focusing on process and guidelines.
Atleast for me there were quite a few !!!-moments when I read it.

Then there is on yet another tangent "Securing Storage" by Himanshu Dwivedi
(Addison-Wesley, 2006).
It really needs some editing and some proofreading but gives a good How-To in
how security absolutely mainly suck in storage environments, which may or may
not be at the center of your backup environment.

Oh, and hello to all.
This is my first official post, been lurking for a while.
Environment: NBU 5.1 + 6.0 in separate installations. Also Storage Foundation
and Storage Migrator. EMC, HDS, Brocade, Adic Scalar 10k with AIT3/LTO2.
Novell, SuSE, Win2k/2k3, MSSQL, Sol9. Also plenty of PHBs.

Anton Johansson
Riksarkivet, IT-avdelningen, IT-drift
(National Archives of Sweden, IT-Operations)
anton.johansson AT riksarkivet.ra DOT se
Office: +46 (0)8 737 6403
Cell: +46 (0)70 254 2049