Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Whew!

2007-05-22 12:13:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Whew!
From: <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 09:53:30 -0600
Just completed the NB6.0.4 upgrade last week.

What a circus.  The mixed media-server version stuff didn't work.
Having more than one interface on a media server can lead to strange
results as the dual-routing stuff works itself out.

Really have to have a clean environment - I missed a few
"REQUIRED_INTERFACE" entries, a stray /etc/hosts entry or two and spent
hours trying to find the errors.  All the oracle stuff came to a halt -
mixed versions obviously don't work there, either.

vmoprcmd's output is now very annoying.

lots of problems with emm database dropout until I found out that the
catalog backup now has a "cold" and "hot" mode.

I've got a thousand scripts that have to be rewritten.

*Sigh*

Gonna start paying attention to the maillist again now that I've dragged
myself kicking and screaming to the current version.

-M