Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP SSO and SCSI Reserve / Release Issues.

2007-05-21 17:22:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP SSO and SCSI Reserve / Release Issues.
From: Joe Royer <jroyer AT digitalmotorworks DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:59:51 -0500 (CDT)
I don't have experience with NDMP and SSO together, so I can't say how
necessary it is, but I have had problems with SCSI reservations in SSO.
I found the best thing to do is to login to the fibre-scsi bridge and
break the reservation.  If you're using FC-attached LTO3 (built-in
bridge), your only option may be to power cycle the drive.  Some
libraries are capable of power cycling a single drive, such as the ADIC
Scalar 10k, so check your library docs.