Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoration problem.

2007-05-17 10:47:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoration problem.
From: vakumar at alcatel-lucent.com (A Kumar, Vijay (Vijay))
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 20:17:47 +0530
Hi,

I am using Netbakup 5.1MP6 on Solaris (Master /Media server). Client is
Gentoo Linux.

When I am restoring FULL + Incremental backuped data then the directory
which got updated in incremental backup shows restoration date & time.

But when I am restoring data from only FULL backup then it restores data
without any problem. Also if I restore FULL + Incremental backup data on
any other Linux version or UNIX flavor it is restoring data properly.

Though netbackup is stating that the version of Gentoo linux is NOT
supported it is working fine.

Did anyone faced such type of problem on any client. What can be the
reason. Any idea....

Thanks & regards,
Vijay