Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LotusNotes backup strategy

2007-05-15 14:31:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LotusNotes backup strategy
From: sysadminzone at gmail.com (Boris Kraizman)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:31:49 -0400
Hi Steve,

In my case, it is still file based backups, no transactional. I was doing
the same at my old IBM shop job as well, probably it is a little over head,
too much data for backups every night, but for some reason, Notes admins
don't like to turn on transactional logs.

Oh, one more thing. But it is better to look at archiving solutions, legal
wants to do search and request a bunch of tapes every time, it is too much.
The replication is in place, then it is not just restore old bag files, but
rather to find an archiving solution for messaging and then everybody should
be satisfied, you can still backup something of the archived storage.

Regards,
Boris