Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 Retention change

2007-05-09 17:37:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 Retention change
From: Ueli.Schweizer at AGITE-Software.com (Ueli Schweizer)
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 23:37:24 +0200
Hi Eustace

Changing the retention of a policy never affects existing backups. If you
want to change the retention for already written images you have to use

bpexpdate -recalculate -backupid backup_id -copy number -ret retention_level

Cheers

Ueli Schweizer
CTO

AGITE Software
Zurich . West Palm Beach . London

Swiss Headquarter:
AGITE Software AG . Boesch 43 . CH-6331 Huenenberg . Switzerland
Direct: +41 79 204 9190 . Phone: +41 41 781 5678 . Fax: +41 41 781 5677
Ueli.Schweizer at AGITE-Software.com . http://www.AGITE-Software.com

backupVISUAL ...
                  ... we make life on backup easy

  _____