Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Move backups off Data Domain to tape at specific intervals

2007-05-04 15:24:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Move backups off Data Domain to tape at specific intervals
From: edenhoed at larimer.org (Elaine den Hoed)
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 13:24:29 -0600
Question: I need the procedure for archiving backups off of data domain device
on to LTO3 tape drive. I do not want disk staging. The backups will expire on
the Data Domain device after 5 weeks so at about 4 weeks there are many of the
backups that need to be moved off to tape. Is anyone doing this through command
line or are you using other products to automate the process? What are the pros
and cons of both approaches? Our Data Domain device will be installed within 3
weeks and we will start moving those backups off to tape within a month after
that.

Environment: Netbackup 6.0 mp4 - Solaris 9 single master / media server
Thank you,
Elaine den Hoed