Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape errors

2007-05-02 12:41:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape errors
From: Greg.Hindle at constellation.com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 12:41:11 -0400
Wow that would be great! Thanks

Greg

________________________________

From: Steven L. Sesar [mailto:ssesar at mitre.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 12:15 PM
To: Austin Murphy
Cc: Hindle, Greg; NB List Mail
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tape errors

Sometimes, jobs will fail with media read/write errors during the first
backup attempt, but succeed during subsequent attempts. We set these
tapes aside when we discover them and it wound up reducing the number of
backup failures related to media write errors.

I do have a script which will associate each media error with the job
that was writing to/reading from it. I'm away on business right now, but
I will try to remember to share this when I get a chance.

Austin Murphy wrote:

        On 5/2/07, Hindle, Greg <Greg.Hindle at constellation.com>